When you are hungry, it is so uncomfortable. It’s a situation that can cause disaster, too. (Meaning cheating.) Usually the hunger will get better. Your body is going through some changes including withdrawal from carbs. Eating an orange or grapefruit might help the low sugar feelings.
So what to do? I have done the HCG diet several times. You won’t find this in Dr. Simeon’s, Pounds and Inches.
1) What I found helped me the best, whether I was really hungry, bored, feeling empty, wanted to snack, tempted to eat something not on the diet, emotionally upset, or whatever it was–I popped a piece of gum. BUT, not just any gum. Some gum can make you hungry. I found some sugar free, green tea diet gum and sometimes I found it with Hoodia that is known to help hunger. It "saved me" many times. I like Mega-T Green Tea Gum. One piece is equal to two cups of green tea, so you get those benefits, too. I often found it on eBay.com or else sometimes in Walmart. The Dollar General Store carries a different green tea diet gum, also, and some health food stores.
2) Spices. So what else can you do for hunger? I discovered that spices can help. If you will slice up a tomato and sprinkle on salt, pepper and some Italian spices, it is surprisingly good at allaying hunger. Use good spices on your fish or chicken and you will be more satisfied. Write to me for my Blackened Chicken Spice Recipe that I have already sent to a few of you.
3) Eggs. Dr. Simeon’s allowed one egg and two egg whites for vegetarians, for a meat substitute. So that got me to thinking and one day when we had some hard boiled eggs around, I ate one with salt and pepper. It was between meals and so I cut back on my chicken in the next meal. I suppose it was the fat in the egg yolk, but I was able to get through until the next meal just fine.
4) Pickles. It also isn’t on Dr. Simeon’s list, but my what a pickle can do! One small to medium dill pickle has zero fat and only 1 carbohydrate. And after you eat a pickle, you can resist other foods amazingly well.
5) Candy. One girl, Mary wrote, who manned 911 telephones, that she lived on sugar free, fat free, hard candy. It was her life-saver. I started carrying them around in my purse. I preferred the gum, but hard candy can help, too. That leads me to my next idea, silly as it sounds….
6) Cough drops. If you suck on a menthol cough drop, sugar free, of course, you can effectively slay that hunger a little better. Actually you don’t need the menthol. Any cough drop can help allay hunger. Another thing I keep in my purse, for emergencies.
7) How many times have you ever brushed your teeth and then decided you didn’t want to eat anything? It can be quite effective. Silly, but it can work.
8) This is a trick I learned, but it can be dangerous, so be careful. If you are really tempted to eat something right in front of you, and it is calling your name really hard, and you feel like you just can’t resist, I have on occasion, taken one small bite, but didn’t swallow. You can see how this can be tricky. I have done a lot of cooking for family and a few times I felt I needed to taste something, but didn’t dare. But rarely, I did taste it, but discretely spit it back out, because getting on the scales with a weight loss the next morning, was more important to me, than eating something so delectable. This next part, I read about and
found it really worked for me.
So then I would go on in my mind and imagine how it would taste to eat more and taste it in my mind, eat it in my mind, feel it on my tongue and imagine it sliding down my throat as I swallowed and soon
I found I could go without eating more. Isn’t that weird? If it doesn’t work for you, that’s fine. If it scares you, don’t even try it.
More about green tea, pine nuts, walking, snacking, hunger, daydreaming, and a few others in part 2 And for more helps with the HCG Diet, go to HCGDietNews.com
Want to read more about the HCG Diet? Janet Sweeney is a successful HCG Dieter, wanting to help others have success losing with the Weight Loss Cure program. Free report and other information at including the 5 Top Tips for Starting the Hcg Diet